All Colors Matter ~ A Personal Post

Bookmark and Share

My HEART is writing this post, not my HEAD.



So I apologize in advance. 

Yes, I am upset and baffled at the Susan G Komen
Planned Parenthood debacle. 
Why take away money
from people that obviously goes a long way 
to save and improve lives??



BUT....

 I have to tell you, if other more RARE TUMORS got 1/2 as much PRESS and MONEY as breast cancer we would be well on our way to prolong the lives of people like ME who have a very rare type of brain cancer. 

 
Research and funding SUCKS for RARE diseases. 
Try listening to a team of doctors tell you this is your LAST option.....there is just not enough RESEARCH to PROVE other things will work for you and even if we want to TRY them, insurance won't cover them because of the lack of PROOF because of the LACK of RESEARCH.
 Take for example the devastating affects of Colon Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Testicular Cancer or the impact of disorders like pulmonary fibrosis, cardiomyopathies or aggressive neurologic diseases like ALS and Huntington's.... 
Just to NAME A FEW.
No More Options
Now, THAT is what MANY people hear. 
They don't have a huge foundation behind them.
All colors matter. 
FEBRUARY 29th is RARE DISEASES DAY
Check it out by clicking HERE!

This is MY LIFE in CUPCAKES today.
This is how I feel in my heart.